Providing forehead lifts to the Fox Valley
Our expressions often show how we feel. A low or sagging brow may make us appear sad or tired – even when we are not.
If you are bothered by the development or presence of expression lines or other signs of aging in the forehead and brow region, a brow lift (also called a forehead lift) may be right for you.
A brow lift improves the appearance of the facial region between the upper eyelids and the scalp, extending to the temples.
Is A Brow Lift Right For Me?
A brow lift is best suited for adult men and women whose facial tissue and muscles are in good condition and who have positive and realistic goals for improving a low, sagging or furrowed brow. Ideal candidates are also non-smokers who don’t have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing.
What Should I Expect Right After My Brow Lift?
- Once your procedure is complete, your forehead may be taped and your head may be loosely wrapped to minimize swelling and bruising.
- Initial healing may include some swelling, numbness and discomfort that can be controlled with medication.
- An itchy scalp, particularly at the incision sites, is also common.
- Some facial movements may be restricted or temporarily impaired.
- Your plastic surgeon will instruct you to keep your head elevated at all times until initial swelling has subsided.
- A return to light, normal activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within a few days of surgery.
- Initial wound healing may take 5-10 days, at which time any sutures or clips will be removed, if necessary.
- You should be ready to return to work and normal activity at this time.
- Cosmetics can camouflage any bruising that remains.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling continues to dissipate and incision lines refine and fade.
- Diligent sun protection is essential until the healing process is fully complete.
- Continue to follow instructions and attend follow-up visits as scheduled.
What Results Should I Expect Over Time?
- It may take several months for swelling to completely dissipate.
- A year is considered appropriate for incision lines to fully refine.
- Life-long sun protection and a healthy lifestyle will help to extend the results of your brow lift – a relaxed, vibrant and more youthful appearance.
Your face and forehead will continue to age. However, the fulfillment you feel from your brow lift should continue for many years.
Contact us today to learn if brow lift surgery is right for you.