What Is Juvederm?
Juvederm® is an injectable gel that replaces the hyaluronic acid your skin has lost, temporarily restoring its volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds. It’s a quick procedure done in the office and you will see the difference immediately!
Is Juvederm Right For Me?
Juvederm is used on all skin types in both males and females. It’s typically used to smooth out facial wrinkles and folds, often called the “parentheses” lines around your mouth.
Juvederm should not be used in patients who:
• Have severe allergies or allergies to Gram-positive bacterial proteins.
• Are pregnant or breastfeeding
• Are under the age of 18.
If patients are on a daily aspirin or ibuprofen, you should inform your provider, as you may experience increased bruising or bleeding.
What Can I Expect Right After My Juvederm Treatment?
• Results of Juvederm can be seen immediately with no downtime!
• The most common side effects are mild, but may include temporary redness at the injection site, swelling, pain or tenderness, lumps or bumps and bruising.
• Patients should stay away from excessive sun or extreme cold weather until the initial swelling or redness is gone.
What Can I Expect Over Time?
You can expect the wrinkles and folds on your face to be smoothed out up to a year long.
Contact us today to learn if Juvederm is right for you.