Is Liposuction Right For Me?
You’re an ideal candidate for liposuction if you:
- Are a healthy adult of any age within 30% of your ideal weight
- Have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
- Do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Are non-smokers
- Have a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring
Special considerations may be necessary for individuals with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, or previous surgery to the treatment area.
What Results Should I Expect Right After Liposuction?
- Once the procedure is completed, a compression garment or elastic bandages may cover treatment areas.
- Initial healing will include swelling, numbness, soreness, bruising, and discomfort that can be controlled with medication.
- Your surgeon will provide specific postoperative instructions, such as the use of garments, expected return to activity, and appropriate care of incisions, based on the technique and extent of your procedure.
- In general, a return to light, normal activity is possible as soon as you feel ready and is encouraged to prevent blood clots and other complications.
- Initial wound healing may take 5-10 days, at which time any sutures will be removed, if necessary.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as the swelling continues to dissipate.
- Incision lines will improve over time.
- Continue to follow your surgeon’s instructions and attend follow-up visits as scheduled.
- You will be encouraged to control your weight, as significant weight gain can reverse your results.
What Results Should I expect Over Time?
It may take several months for the swelling to fully dissipate. As it does, your new contours and enhanced self-image should continue to develop.
With a healthy and active lifestyle, you will be able to enjoy the balancing, fulfilling results of liposuction for years to come.
Contact us today to learn if liposuction is right for you.
BEFORE & AFTERS
Age: 65 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 160 lbs
Other Popular Procedures
Breasts that have lost their firm, uplifted contours can affect a woman’s self-image and confidence. If you want to restore the firmness and shape of your breasts, then a breast lift (mastopexy) may be right for you.
Trying to exercise off stubborn fat deposits can be frustrating, if not impossible; but liposuction can help. Liposuction surgically removes fatty tissue from just about anywhere on the body from head to feet.
The ‘double chin’ is a common complaint with both women and men; it is also a very under-treated aesthetic problem.
For years, the only solution for a ‘double chin’, also referred to as submental fullness, has been a semi-invasive liposuction procedure. Fortunately, a new alternative is now available.
Halo™ Laser Treatment
Halo is the world’s first hybrid fractional laser, combining two lasers in one to take years of damage off of the face, and reveal your inner glow! The most scientifically advanced treatment for sun damage, pigment, fine lines, texture, and pores, without the downtime of traditional ablative and fractional lasers. Now you can get the results you have always wanted, without the hassle, and in half the time!