Breast Augmentation Procedure
Breast augmentation may be right for you if:
- You are physically healthy and you aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too small
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss or with aging
- You are unhappy with the upper part of your breast appearing “empty”
- Your breasts are asymmetrical
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally or have an elongated shape
What Results Should I Expect After Breast Augmentation?
- Initial healing may include swelling and discomfort at the incision sites and in breast tissue overall.
- Discomfort is common and can be controlled with medication.
- A support bra may be recommended around the clock for the first week or two.
- Follow all post-operative instructions carefully as this is essential to the success of your outcome.
- Light, normal activity is typically possible within a day or two after surgery.
- Intimate contact with breasts may resume when healing is more fully complete, usually within 4-6 weeks.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling resolves, implant position settles and incision lines continue to refine.
- Incision lines are permanent, although inconspicuously located.
- Initial wound healing may take 5-10 days. You should be ready to return to work and normal activity at this time, IF you feel comfortable, AND so long as you do not engage in any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise.
What Results Should I Expect Over Time?
- The results of breast enlargement are immediately visible.
- Final results appear gradually over several weeks as swelling resolves and breast size and shape settles.
- Incision lines typically will fade over the first year, but again, are considered permanent.
Breast augmentations unfortunately do not stop time, so your breasts can change due to aging, weight fluctuations, hormonal factors and gravity. However, your enhanced breast contour and the freedom to wear the clothes you enjoy without the need for padded bras may bring you added self-confidence.
What Are My Options for Breast Implants?
Women who are considering breast augmentation have a choice between saline or silicone (gel) implants.
There are several differences between the two implants:
Saline implants are less expensive, and if the implant leaks, the body will absorb the saline. However, if you do not want silicone in your body, you should note that there really is no such thing as a silicone-free implant, as the implant pouch for saline implants is made from silicone.
Silicone implants feel more natural than saline, which is the main advantage of silicone. However, it can be more difficult to detect leaks in these implants because of the cohesive nature of silicone gel. Years ago, silicone breast implants got bad press in the media. However, recent studies have offered reassurance about the safety of using silicone implants.
Implants are not guaranteed to last a lifetime and future surgery may be required to replace one or both implants.
Pregnancy, weight loss and menopause may influence the appearance of augmented breasts over the course of a woman’s lifetime. Breast augmentation implants require maintenance over time, including regular examinations for breast health and to evaluate the condition of your implants.
To learn more about breast augmentation and what breast implants are right for you, schedule a consultation today.
BEFORE & AFTERS
Age: 25 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 127 lbs
Age: 37 | Height: 5’10″ | Weight: 150 lbs
Age: 35 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 126 lbs
Age: 27 | Height: 5’7″ | Weight: 120 lbs
Age: 31 | Height: 5’8″ | Weight: 138 lbs
Age: 36 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 141 lbs
Age: 43 | Height: 5’4″ | Weight: 140 lbs
Age: 30 | Height: 5’9″ | Weight: 130 lbs
Age: 38 | Height: 4’10″ | Weight: 105 lbs
Age: 37 | Height: 5’10″ | Weight: 150 lbs
Age: 37 | Height: 5’10″ | Weight: 155 lbs
Age: 35 | Height: 5’2″ | Weight: 95 lbs
Note: due to the fact that her breasts were very widely spaced, and there was very little breast tissue over the breast bone, it was necessary to place the implants directly centered under the nipple to achieve as natural an appearance as possible.
Age: 28 | Height: 5’5″ | Weight: 125 lbs
Age: 36 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 150 lbs
Age: 35 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 125 lbs
Age: 38 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 120 lbs
Other Popular Procedures
"Having worked in the medical field for 25 years, I know I was looking for a surgeon with experience and expertise to perform my facelift and laser procedures. I found this and more with Dr. Van Ye and the wonderful staff at The Center for Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery. My questions and concerns were thoroughly and honestly answered by Dr. Van Ye, leaving me feeling confident and well informed. The nurses and support staff, while professional, were warm, caring and always accessible. I am so very pleased with the results of my procedures. The issues I had with my appearance for so long are gone. Thank you Dr. Van Ye, I am so grateful!"
Error: No users set. Please visit the plugin's settings page to select a user account or add one to the shortcode - user="username".