Breast Reduction Procedure
Is A Breast Reduction Right For Me?
Breast reduction may be right for you if:
- You’re at relatively normal, stable weight
- Your breast development is complete
- You don’t have a life-threatening illness or medical condition that can impair healing
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific goals for improving your physical symptoms, breast size and shape
Because significant amounts of breast tissue are removed, breast reduction may impair the ability to breastfeed.
What Results Should I Expect Right After My Breast Reduction?
- Once your procedure is complete, dressing or bandages will be applied to your incisions.
- A small, thin drain tube may also be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood that may collect.
- Initial healing will include swelling and discomfort at the incision sites.
- Discomfort is common and can be controlled with medication.
- A support bra may be recommended for the first few weeks.
- It is important to keep the incision sites clean.
- You will be instructed to start light walking as soon as possible to minimize the potential for blood clots and other complications.
- Any sutures will be removed within 10 days following surgery. You may be ready to return to work and more normal activity at this time, as long as you do not engage in any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling dissipates and breast shape and position settles.
- Continue to follow your surgeon’s instructions and attend follow-up visits as scheduled.
What Results Should I Expect Over Time?
- The final results of your breast reduction will appear over the next few months as breast shape and position continue to settle.
- Incision lines are permanent scars, but they will improve over time and can be hidden under normal swimsuits.
- Your new breast size should free you from the pain and physical limitations experienced prior to breast reduction.
- Your better-proportioned figure will likely enhance your self-image and boost your self-confidence.
- Breast reduction is considered permanent, although your breasts may continue to change due to weight fluctuations, aging and gravity over time.
To learn if breast reduction is right for you, schedule a consultation today.
BEFORE & AFTERS
Age: 29 | Height: 5’4″ | Weight: 196 lbs
A 29 year old woman with preoperative bra size of 38F. Despite a greater than 40# weight loss, she still had significant symptoms associated with large, heavy breasts. She underwent reduction mammoplasty with greater than 750 gram reduction on both sides.
Age: 25 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 160 lbs
A 25 year old woman with multiple symptoms associated with a breast size of 34DD-34DDD. Underwent resection of 500 grams on her smaller right side and 560 grams on the slightly larger left side.
Age: 39 | Height: 5’5″ | Weight: 245 lbs
A 39 year old woman with bra size of 38G. Despite weight loss of 30#, she had unchanged breasts with multiple symptoms associated with hypermastia. Patient underwent reduction of approximately 1000 grams of tissue per breast.
Age: 30 | Height: 5’7″ | Weight: 200 lbs
A 30 year old woman with a bra size of 42D-42DD. Multiple symptoms associated with large, heavy breasts. Underwent reduction of 560 grams of tissue per breast.
Age: 49 | Height: 5’4″ | Weight: 210 lbs
A 49 year old woman stating current brassiere size of a 40I. Complained of neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, grooving, rashes. She had months of physical therapy, months of chiropractic management with little or no improvement. Took narcotic pain medication for discomfort. Underwent reduction of 1600 grams on her right side and 1000+ grams on her left side. Patient dramatically improved.
Age: 19 | Height: 5’2″ | Weight: 125 lbs
This 19 year old woman was experiencing multiple symptoms associated with hypermastia. At six months she is extremely pleased with her postoperative results and has noticed a dramatic reduction in her preoperative symptoms of neck pain, back pain and shoulder pain. She is able to participate in all activities with no obstruction or discomfort from her large breast size.
Other Popular Procedures