Is Blepharoplasty Right For Me?
Eyelid surgery is commonly performed on adult men and women who have healthy facial tissue and muscles and have positive and realistic goals for the improvement of the upper and/or lower eyelids and surrounding area. Ideal candidates are also non-smokers who don’t have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing.
What Results Should I Expect Right After Eyelid Surgery?
- Once your procedure is complete, lubricating ointment and cold compresses may be applied – in some cases, your eyes may be loosely covered with gauze.
- Initial healing may include some swelling, bruising, irritation or dry eye, and discomfort that can be controlled with medication, cold compresses, and ointment.
- Irritation at the incision sites is also possible.
- Your surgeon will instruct you to keep your head elevated at all times until the initial swelling has subsided and to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from bright light, sun, and wind.
- A return to light, normal activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within a few days of surgery.
- Healing of incisions may take 5-10 days at which time any sutures will be removed, if necessary.
- You will be ready to return to work and normal activity at this time, and to resume wearing contact lenses.
- Cosmetics can camouflage any bruising or redness that remains.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling continues to dissipate and incision lines improve.
What Should I Expect Over Time?
- Your final results will appear over time, generally within several weeks.
- It may take up to a year for incision lines to fully refine.
- While eyelid surgery can be expected to correct certain conditions permanently, you will continue to age naturally.
- Life-long sun protection including the use of sunscreen and sunglasses will help to maintain your results.
The benefits of your surgery should reveal a smooth, firm contour of the upper and/or lower eyelids. What matters more is that the appearance of your eyes matches the way you feel inside – youthful, vital, and alert.
EYELID SURGERY (Blepharoplasty)
BEFORE & AFTERS
Age: 44 | Height: 5’3″
Age: 34 | Height: 5’2″
Other Popular Procedures
Breasts that have lost their firm, uplifted contours can affect a woman’s self-image and confidence. If you want to restore the firmness and shape of your breasts, then a breast lift (mastopexy) may be right for you.
Trying to exercise off stubborn fat deposits can be frustrating, if not impossible; but liposuction can help. Liposuction surgically removes fatty tissue from just about anywhere on the body from head to feet.
The ‘double chin’ is a common complaint with both women and men; it is also a very under-treated aesthetic problem.
For years, the only solution for a ‘double chin’, also referred to as submental fullness, has been a semi-invasive liposuction procedure. Fortunately, a new alternative is now available.
Halo™ Laser Treatment
Halo is the world’s first hybrid fractional laser, combining two lasers in one to take years of damage off of the face, and reveal your inner glow! The most scientifically advanced treatment for sun damage, pigment, fine lines, texture, and pores, without the downtime of traditional ablative and fractional lasers. Now you can get the results you have always wanted, without the hassle, and in half the time!