What Are Photofacial Treatments?
Photofacial treatments use a non-laser medical device to deliver a series of gentle pulses of light to the skin on the face, neck, back of hands and chest. These effectively improve facial redness and flushing, brown spots, and the visible signs of sun damage and aging. Specific settings are selected for each treatment to maximize improvement. A series of 2-3 treatments are performed at three-week intervals, or as otherwise determined by your skin care specialist.
Is A Photofacial Right For Me?
The best candidates for photofacial treatments meet the following criteria:
People who suffer from brown spots, rosacea and experience flushing and redness of the skin
People with early aging changes and sun-damage
People who don’t want to take the time off to heal from laser resurfacing or chemical peels.
What Should I Expect Right After A Photofacial Treatment?
- Each treatment takes approximately 15-30 minutes.
- A mild amount of discomfort can be expected.
- Immediately following a treatment, the skin may appear red and flushed and tiny capillaries may appear more visible.
- Brown spots generally appear darker (up to 2 weeks for brown to exfoliate – we recommend a Silk Peel 7-10 days after a photofacial).
- All of these changes gradually fade over a period of hours to a few days.
What Should I Expect Over Time?
After your first treatment, your skin will feel smoother and will have a more even tone. Multiple treatments are performed for optimal results. Some patients with rosacea will benefit from maintenance treatments. Contact us today to learn what photofacials can do for you.
Other Popular Procedures