TUMMY TUCK Surgery
Is Abdominoplasty Right For Me?
Tummy tucks are best performed on adults of any age meeting the following criteria:
- Are in good health
- Are close to the ideal weight for their body type and size
- Are moderately fit and overall have good muscle tone
- Do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that impair healing
- Don’t smoke
- Have a positive outlook and specific goals for body contouring
Previous abdominal surgery may limit the potential results of a tummy tuck.
In women who have undergone cesarean section, the existing scars may often be incorporated or revised for new incisions.
If you are planning substantial weight loss or are considering future pregnancies, it’s best to postpone a tummy tuck
What Results Should I Expect Right After My Tummy Tuck?
- Once your procedure is completed, dressing or bandages may be applied to your incisions, and you may be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a compression garment to minimize swelling and to support your abdomen as it heals.
- You may also have a small, thin tube temporarily placed under your skin to drain any excess blood that may collect.
- Initial healing will include swelling and discomfort at the incision sites. Discomfort is common and can be controlled with medication.
- You will be instructed to return to light walking as soon as possible to minimize the potential for blood clots and other complications.
- You must avoid bending, straining, or lifting anything for several days.
- Your surgeon may also instruct you not to stand fully upright, to avoid stressing any internal sutures as they heal, and to sleep with pillows elevating your knees. • A return to light, normal activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within a few days of surgery.
- Initial wound healing may take 5-10 days.
- Any sutures will be removed some time after that, if necessary.
- You will be ready to return to work and normal activity in a few weeks, so long as you do not engage in any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling dissipates and incision lines continue to improve.
- You must practice diligent sun protection until the healing process is fully complete.
What Results Should I Expect Over Time?
- The results of a tummy tuck are visible almost immediately; however it may take several months for your final results to fully develop.
- Numbness and a firm feeling over the skin’s surface will resolve over the following months.
- It may take a year or more for incision lines to refine to some degree. Although they are permanent, these scars are hidden by most clothing and swimsuits.
- Your new profile with a firm and flat abdomen is relatively permanent, so long as you maintain your weight and general fitness.
As your body ages you may find that some firmness is lost in the abdomen. However, this is minimal compared to the initial conditions that were corrected to achieve your now toned abdomen.
Contact us today to learn if tummy tucks are right for you.
BEFORE & AFTERS
This 35 year old mother of 3 underwent abdominoplasty and liposuction to the posterior lateral hips. Plication of the abdominal musculature was also performed. At six month follow up she is extremely pleased and has noted that her core strength is significantly improved and her sciatica has improved.
Other Popular Procedures
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.