Breast Lift Procedure
Is A Breast Lift Right For Me?
If you are healthy, don’t have a life-threatening illness or medical condition that can impair healing, don’t smoke, and are of normal, stable weight whose breasts are fully developed, then a breast lift may be for you!
In cases of breast asymmetry, where one breast is lower than the other, younger women may also benefit from a mastopexy.
Overall, the best candidates have a positive outlook and specific goals for improving their body image.
What Results Should I Expect Right After My Breast Lift?
- Initial healing will include swelling and discomfort at the incision sites. Discomfort is common and can be controlled with medication.
- A support bra may be recommended for the first week or two.
- It is important to cleanse the incision sites and apply ointment as directed.
- Follow all instructions carefully; this is essential to the success of your outcome.
- A return to light, normal activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within a few days of surgery.
- Initial wound healing may take 5-10 days, at which time any sutures will be removed.
- You should be ready to return to work and normal activity at this time, so long as you do not engage in any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling dissipates and incision lines continue to improve.
- Continue to follow your surgeon’s instructions and attend follow-up visits as scheduled.
What Results Should I Expect Over Time?
The final results of your breast lift will appear over the next few months as breast shape and position continue to settle. Incision lines are permanent, but they most likely won’t be visible even under your favorite bathing suit.
Over time, your breasts can continue to change due to aging and gravity. Your new breast profile is best maintained by maintaining your weight, a healthy lifestyle and proper support of your now firm and rejuvenated breasts.
To learn if breast lifts are right for you, schedule a consultation today.
BREAST LIFT BEFORE AND AFTER
Other Popular Procedures