ARM Lift Surgery
Is Brachioplasty Right For Me?
- Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
- Healthy without medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Positive with realistic goals for what an arm lift can accomplish
- Committed to leading a healthy lifestyle of proper nutrition and fitness
What Results Should I Expect Right After My Brachioplasty?
- Once your arm lift is completed, dressing or bandages will be applied to your incisions, and your arms may be wrapped in an elastic bandage to minimize swelling and to support your new contours as you heal.
- Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain excess fluid or blood that may collect.
- Before you are released following surgery, you will be given specific instructions that may include how to care for the surgical site and drains, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, and when to follow up with your surgeon.
- Following your arm lift, your arms will be swollen and bruised, and you will experience some discomfort.
- Discomfort is common and can be controlled with medication.
- You will be instructed to keep your arms elevated for several days following surgery and return to light walking as soon as possible to minimize the potential for blood clots and other complications.
- You will also be instructed to avoid lifting or bearing any weight on your arms for several days to weeks.
- You may also be advised to limit your range of motion until internal healing is complete.
- You should be ready to return to work and light, normal activities within a few days, as long as you do not engage in any lifting or vigorous exercise.
- Follow all instructions carefully – this is essential to the success of your outcome.
What Results Should I Expect Over Time?
- Your incisions will heal within 7-14 days, after which time sutures will be removed if necessary.
- Numbness and a firm feeling over the skin’s surface will resolve over time.
- You must practice diligent sun protection until the healing process is fully completed or skin in the treated area may develop irregular pigmentation and scars may become raised, red or dark.
- It may take a year or more following the procedure for incision lines to refine and fade to some degree.
The dramatic improvement in arm contour following arm lift surgery can greatly enhance your body image. A smooth, toned arm that matches your body image and personal goals does, however, come with visible scars. This is a fair trade-off to achieving a body contour that matches your body weight and proportion.
The results of arm lift will be long-lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness. However, most of your improvement should be relatively permanent.
Contact us today to learn if arm lift surgery is right for you.
BEFORE & AFTERS
Age: 65 | Height: 5’6″ | Weight: 160 lbs
Other Popular Procedures
"Having worked in the medical field for 25 years, I know I was looking for a surgeon with experience and expertise to perform my facelift and laser procedures. I found this and more with Dr. Van Ye and the wonderful staff at The Center for Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery. My questions and concerns were thoroughly and honestly answered by Dr. Van Ye, leaving me feeling confident and well informed. The nurses and support staff, while professional, were warm, caring and always accessible. I am so very pleased with the results of my procedures. The issues I had with my appearance for so long are gone. Thank you Dr. Van Ye, I am so grateful!"
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.