Is Liposulpture Right For Me?
Ideal candidates for liposuction fit the following criteria:
- Adults of any age within 30% of their ideal weight and with firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone.
- Healthy without a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Have a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring.
Note: Special considerations may be necessary for individuals with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or previous surgery to the treatment area.
What Results Should I Expect Right After Liposculpture?
- Once the procedure is completed, a compression garment or elastic bandages may cover treatment areas.
- Initial healing will include swelling, numbness, soreness, bruising, and discomfort that can be controlled with medication.
- Your surgeon will provide specific postoperative instructions, such as the use of garments, expected return to activity and appropriate care of incisions, based on the technique and extent of your procedure.
- In general, a return to light, normal activity is possible as soon as you feel ready; it’s encouraged to prevent blood clots and other complications.
- Initial wound healing may take 5-10 days, at which time any sutures will be removed, if necessary.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling continues to dissipate.
- Incision lines will improve over time.
- Continue to follow your surgeon’s instructions and attend follow-up visits as scheduled.
- You will be encouraged to control your weight, as significant weight gain can reverse your results.
What Results Should I Expect Over Time?
It may take several months for swelling to fully dissipate. As it does, your new contours and enhanced self-image should continue to develop.
The fulfillment you feel from the initial results of liposuction should continue so long as you maintain your weight and practice a healthy lifestyle that includes eating well and regular physical activity.
Contact us today to learn if liposculpture is right for you.
Other Popular Procedures